C is a procedural programming language that is simple, and flexible to use. It was mainly developed as a system programming language to write an operating system. It is a structured programming language that is machine-independent.
The main features of C language include low-level access to memory, a simple set of keywords, that makes C language suitable for system programmings like an operating system or compiler development. It provides many features that are given below.
- It is Machine Independent or Portable.
- It is a procedure and structure oriented language.
- It has good Memory Management, makes it fast and efficient.
- It supports the feature of dynamic memory allocation.
- It is a robust language with Rich set of built in Operators, and Libraries with rich Functions. That can be used to write any complex program.
- It is widely used language in operating systems and embedded system development.