SQL (Structured Query Language) is a standard query language for storing, managing and retrieving data in relational database management system.
- SQL is not a database system, it is a query language.
- It is pronounced as S-Q-L or sometimes as See-Quell.
Applications of SQL
- SQL allows users to access and manipulate databases.
- SQL allows users to create, read, insert, update, and drop tables in databases.
- SQL allows users to grant and revoke permissions in databases.
- SQL allows users to define, describe and modify the data in databases.
- SQL allows users to backup and restore databases.
- SQL is a standard query language used for managing data. It is used in database management systems such as MySQL, MS Access, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, Informix and many others.
- SQL is widely used in data science and analytics.